Guj: Eyes donated following accidental deaths
Vadodara: Following their deaths in accident at Anklav village near here, eyes of the four women victims were donated by the family members.
Seven women were killed and 12 others injured when the tempo they were travelling in was hit by a tractor at Anklav in Borsad taluka of Anand district late last night.
The victims were returning to Koyali village, on the outskirts of the Vadodara city, after taking part in a programme at Bhardaran town during the ongoing Ganesh festival.
Mitesh Patel, sarpanch of Koyali, said that relatives of Kachhiya Jyotsna Rameshbhai, Sushila Patel, Niruben Patel and Kalpana Patel assented to donation of victims` corneas at SSG Hospital here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra