Guj govt demands resignation of Governor Dr Kamla
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat government on Saturday demanded resignation of the state Governor Dr Kamla, saying it would make way for a "free and fair enquiry" into an alleged land scam pending against her in Rajasthan.
The demand from Gujarat government comes at a time when a metropolitan court in Rajasthan has ordered enquiry against the samiti members of a co-operative society, of which Dr Kamla is an executive member.
"How can a samiti in which Governor is an executive member flout the norms of co-operative act and demand transfer of plot in the name of each member showing its value at Rs 11 lakh as against Rs 3.5 crore of each plot," state government spokesperson and health minister Jayanarayan Vyas said.
"Now metropolitan court on November 20, 2012 ordered enquiry against the samiti members, so it would be fair on the part of the Governor to resign to allow free and fair enquiry," he said.
He also asked how a Governor can participate in the meetings of a society as executive member and sign minutes and become part of an illegal resolution.
Earlier, in May this year, BJP general secretary Kirit Somaiya, who is also coordinator of the party`s Anti Corruption Cell, had alleged that the Governor had tried to acquire a huge chunk of land in Rajasthan by submitting false information about herself.
Dr Kamla had said she is a farmer and claimed to daily spend 14-16 hours to develop lease land and demand adequate compensation of residential and commercial plots in Jaipur city, he said.
The information is totally incorrect and false, Somaiya had said wondering how can a Governor spend 16 hours daily in the farm.
Governor`s relationship with Modi had turned soured after she appointed Retd Justice R A Mehta as Lokayukta of Gujarat bypassing the state government last year.
The case of appointment by the Governor is pending in the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH