Guj govt links Cong leader Modhvadia to Bhatt case
Ahmedabad: Gujarat government on Monday claimed
before a local court that state Congress President Arjun
Modhvadia was also involved in the offence for which suspended
IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt has been arrested.
The allegation was made by Special Public Prosecutor SV
Raju in the court of Sessions Judge VK Vyas while opposing
the bail application of Bhatt who has been arrested for
allegedly fabricating evidence.
The hearing on the bail plea will continue tomorrow as
the government had not yet concluded its arguments. Bhatt was
arrested on September 30 for allegedly threatening and forcing
a constable to sign a false affidavit with regard to the IPS
officer`s presence in the February 27, 2002, meeting called by
Chief Minister Narendra Modi after the Godhra train carnage.
As per the FIR filed by constable KD Pant a few months
ago, he was taken to Modhvadia`s residence by Bhatt on the
night of June 16.
Phone call records show that Modhvadia called the lawyer,
who had allegedly prepared the affidavit on behalf of Pant, a
number of times after midnight and also sent him SMSs around 3
am, the Special Public Prosecutor said.
This has been corroborated with the phone call records,
statements of the lawyer and the notary, Raju submitted,
adding this shows that the Congress leader was also involved,
along with Bhatt, in committing the offence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29