Guj govt plans quick response teams to combat terror
Ahmedabad: In a new strategy to combat
terrorism, the Narendra Modi government is planning to deploy
111 Quick Response Teams (QRTs) comprising trained commandos
armed to the teeth across Gujarat and they will even move in
The QRTs with state-of-the-art weapons, sub-machine guns
and hi-tech equipment would be stationed near sensitive areas
and will be available on call 24x7.
"We are planning to set up nearly 111 QRTs which will be
deployed at all districts of the state and will be working in
three shifts," Additional Director General of Police (ADGP),
Law and Order, Sudhir Sinha told agency.
"Each team will consist of six highly trained commandos
who will be equipped with state-of-the-art weapons and modern
equipments," he said
According to police officials, each fighter operator
will have a semi-automatic pistol as a personal side arm. The
team will have firepower in the form of three submachine guns
and two assault rifles.
Tactical features like red dot self-powered optical
sighting systems, three-point tactical slings, full coverage
body armour tactical vests, helmets will also be provided in
addition to gas masks, fire retardant gear, gloves, eyewear
and tactical boots. Armoured vehicles will be also provided,
"Each QRT unit will be headed by the police inspector of
the special operations group (SOG) already existing in
districts. They will also have support of state Anti-Terrorist
Squad (ATS)," Sinha said.
Of the 111 QRTs, 12 will be in Ahmedabad; six each in
Vadodara and in Surat, three each in Western Railway and three
in State Control Room (Gandhinagar) and the remaining 78 in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks