Guj govt plans quick response teams to combat terror
Ahmedabad: In a new strategy to combat
terrorism, the Narendra Modi government is planning to deploy
111 Quick Response Teams (QRTs) comprising trained commandos
armed to the teeth across Gujarat and they will even move in
The QRTs with state-of-the-art weapons, sub-machine guns
and hi-tech equipment would be stationed near sensitive areas
and will be available on call 24x7.
"We are planning to set up nearly 111 QRTs which will be
deployed at all districts of the state and will be working in
three shifts," Additional Director General of Police (ADGP),
Law and Order, Sudhir Sinha told agency.
"Each team will consist of six highly trained commandos
who will be equipped with state-of-the-art weapons and modern
equipments," he said
According to police officials, each fighter operator
will have a semi-automatic pistol as a personal side arm. The
team will have firepower in the form of three submachine guns
and two assault rifles.
Tactical features like red dot self-powered optical
sighting systems, three-point tactical slings, full coverage
body armour tactical vests, helmets will also be provided in
addition to gas masks, fire retardant gear, gloves, eyewear
and tactical boots. Armoured vehicles will be also provided,
"Each QRT unit will be headed by the police inspector of
the special operations group (SOG) already existing in
districts. They will also have support of state Anti-Terrorist
Squad (ATS)," Sinha said.
Of the 111 QRTs, 12 will be in Ahmedabad; six each in
Vadodara and in Surat, three each in Western Railway and three
in State Control Room (Gandhinagar) and the remaining 78 in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future