Guj govt to recover Rs 658 cr royalty from illegal miners
Gandhinagar: Gujarat government today said it
would recover Rs 658 crore royalty from illegal miners in the
two districts of Porbandar and Junagadh.
In reply to a question on cases against illegal mining,
Minister of State for Mines and Minerals Saurabh Patel said
the government has filed 113 cases against illegal mining in
Porbandar and 86 cases in Junagadh districts.
The minister added that heavy penalty has been imposed
and police cases filed against illegal miners. "We have to
recover Rs 658 crore royalty from them," Patel said.
Congress leader Arjun Modhvadia alleged in the House that
the state government has targeted "small fry and big fishes
have been left out".
The issue of illegal mining has come to fore in the state
after the murder of RTI activist Amit Jethwa who was allegedly
killed after he filed a petition in the high court regarding
illegal mining on the periphery of Gir forests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor