Guj govt to recover Rs 658 cr royalty from illegal miners
Gandhinagar: Gujarat government today said it
would recover Rs 658 crore royalty from illegal miners in the
two districts of Porbandar and Junagadh.
In reply to a question on cases against illegal mining,
Minister of State for Mines and Minerals Saurabh Patel said
the government has filed 113 cases against illegal mining in
Porbandar and 86 cases in Junagadh districts.
The minister added that heavy penalty has been imposed
and police cases filed against illegal miners. "We have to
recover Rs 658 crore royalty from them," Patel said.
Congress leader Arjun Modhvadia alleged in the House that
the state government has targeted "small fry and big fishes
have been left out".
The issue of illegal mining has come to fore in the state
after the murder of RTI activist Amit Jethwa who was allegedly
killed after he filed a petition in the high court regarding
illegal mining on the periphery of Gir forests.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal