Guj has holistic approach in devt process: Modi
Jasdan: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said his government has adopted a "holistic approach" in the state`s development process and has made sure to cover every region under it.
"In the past, many regions in the state were ignored and development work was done onlt in particular regions, but this government has adopted a holistic approach to cover every region in its development process", Modi said inaugurating a 25.2 MW wind farm at Jasdan town, about 70 km from Rajkot.
"Gujarat has utilised all possible renewable ways in the field of producing energy that makes it the only state in the country to have surplus power production", he asserted.
Modi claimed that Gujarat has played an important role in solar power generation and led the country by generating 600 MW power.
"The state`s solar power production was around 150 MW, but in the last five years Gujarat has done well in the field and now solar power production has reached 600 MW", he said.
Emphasising the need to have proper basic infrastructure for the development process, Modi said, his government was concerned about it and had set up power sub-stations in every region.
"In the past, only 15 sub-stations were set up in a year but this government has set up 150 sub-station every year to make sure that each and every region in the state gets uninterrupted electric supply", the chief minister said.
Appreciating ReNew Power for setting up its wind farm at
Jasdan, Modi said, "Gujarat has been a dominant player in the wind energy sector and we look forward to have more and more projects and investments in the state to help build sustainable power sources for energy starved India".
Sumant Sinha, founder chairman and CEO of ReNew Power said, "Gujarat is emerging as a hub in renewable power generation and the company is looking forward to expanding its business in Gujarat".
The facility comprises 12 units of Suzlon S88 wind turbines with 2.1 MW capacity each.
Suzlon group Chairman Tulsi Tanti said it`s a demand of time to generate energy through renewable sources as coal and gas have become expensive while energy produced from renewable sources remains environment friendly and sustainable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy