Guj has holistic approach in devt process: Modi
Jasdan: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said his government has adopted a "holistic approach" in the state`s development process and has made sure to cover every region under it.
"In the past, many regions in the state were ignored and development work was done onlt in particular regions, but this government has adopted a holistic approach to cover every region in its development process", Modi said inaugurating a 25.2 MW wind farm at Jasdan town, about 70 km from Rajkot.
"Gujarat has utilised all possible renewable ways in the field of producing energy that makes it the only state in the country to have surplus power production", he asserted.
Modi claimed that Gujarat has played an important role in solar power generation and led the country by generating 600 MW power.
"The state`s solar power production was around 150 MW, but in the last five years Gujarat has done well in the field and now solar power production has reached 600 MW", he said.
Emphasising the need to have proper basic infrastructure for the development process, Modi said, his government was concerned about it and had set up power sub-stations in every region.
"In the past, only 15 sub-stations were set up in a year but this government has set up 150 sub-station every year to make sure that each and every region in the state gets uninterrupted electric supply", the chief minister said.
Appreciating ReNew Power for setting up its wind farm at
Jasdan, Modi said, "Gujarat has been a dominant player in the wind energy sector and we look forward to have more and more projects and investments in the state to help build sustainable power sources for energy starved India".
Sumant Sinha, founder chairman and CEO of ReNew Power said, "Gujarat is emerging as a hub in renewable power generation and the company is looking forward to expanding its business in Gujarat".
The facility comprises 12 units of Suzlon S88 wind turbines with 2.1 MW capacity each.
Suzlon group Chairman Tulsi Tanti said it`s a demand of time to generate energy through renewable sources as coal and gas have become expensive while energy produced from renewable sources remains environment friendly and sustainable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India