Guj HC asks to consider IAS officers objection on disclosing APR
Ahmedabad: Gujarat High Court has directed
the public information officer (PIO) of the state to consider
objections of state IAS, IPS and IFS officers on a petition
filed by an IAS officer demanding quashing of an RTI order
to provide Annual Property Returns (APRs).
Arvind Agrawal, who is at present serving as Managing
Director of Gujarat Industrial Development Corporation (GIDC),
approached the high court against state Chief Information
Commissioner (CIC) order.
Agrawal has contended that the information sought by an
RTI applicant are not in the nature of public interest as they
are not related to service matter.
Gujarat high court judge Akil Kureshi directed the public
information officer (PIO) on Thursday last to first issue
notices and invite objections of the officers whose APRs
were sought by RTI applicant and hear them and pass
A journalist Kapil Dave has filed an RTI application
in June 2008 seeking APRs of IAS, IPS and IFS officers from
the date of their joining service till the present date.
However, it was rejected by the public information
officer of the state General administration department,after
which the applicant approached CIC of Gujarat R N Das.
Das had in a land mark order, told the state
Government to furnish the details of APRs of state IAS, IPS
and IFS officers to the journalist.
However, Agarwal`s lawyer had contended that the
petitioner`s objection are required to be examined by the
information commissioner and the same cannot be a mere
However, the court also said that once an office is in
the public domain he or she should not be shy of revealing
details of their own properties.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday