Guj HC disposes petition against Adani`s MPSEZ
Ahmedabad: Gujarat High Court on Friday disposed a petition filed by villagers of Siracha against Adani group owned Mundra Port Special Economic Zone (MPSEZ), after the latter accepted to carry out development in the area on the model suggested by the Gram Panchayat.
In their petition, villagers of Siracha, in Mundra taluka of Kutch district, had opposed allotment of around 100 acres of their grazing land by the state government in favour of
Adani group owned MPSEZ, on various grounds.
The division bench of Chief Justice S J Mukhopadhaya and Akil Kureshi disposed the petition observing that the village Gram Sabha had accepted the proposal of Adani group to carry out development at a cost of over Rs 2.25 crore so as to obviate difficulties arising on account of shrinking grazing land there.
The group has accepted to carry out 16 different works in the village including building of cow shed, setting up drainage facility, drinking water facility, storage and distribution, construction of roads, health-care centers, besides providing preference in jobs to villagers.
During the hearing of the petition, it was pointed out to the court that for developmental activities, around Rs 36.17 lakh has been spent by the Adani group, and the total cost of
these activities would be over Rs 2.25 crores.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Toni Kroos rocket rescues Real Madrid in Cristiano Ronaldo's absence; Atletico Madrid held again
- Suspected Kurdish militants fire rockets at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport: Media
- Gun battle kills five militants, wounds 10 in Afghanistan
- Government to set up Rs 1.5k crore payment security fund for solar projects
- Rising dengue cases: PIL accuses govt of not being vigilant