Guj HC issues notice to CBI while hearing bail plea of accused
Ahmedabad: Gujarat High Court on Wednesday issued
notice to the CBI while hearing the bail plea of Rajendra
Jeerawala, owner of the farmhouse where Sohrabuddin and Kauser
Bi were kept before being killed.
The bail plea came up for hearing in the court of Justice
Z K Sayaid, who issued notice to CBI and asked it to file a
reply by December 13, when the further hearing in the matter
Rajendra Jeerawala, who is owner of Arham farm where
Soharabuddin and his wife Kauser Bi were kept before they were
killed, has contended in his bail plea that he was innocent
and was not involved in the fake encounter case.
Jeerwala has further said that since he was innocent, he
should not be kept in jail and released immediately.
The CBI had arrested Jeerawala on July 27 for his alleged
involvement in the killing of Kausar Bi. In September, his
bail plea was rejected by the High Court on the ground that he
was not charge sheeted.
The present application by Jeerawala comes after
filing of supplementary charge sheet by the CBI last month.
Sohrabuddin and his wife Kausar Bi were shifted to the
Jeerawala`s Arham farm from Disha farm on night of November
25, 2005. The next day Sohrabuddin was killed in an encounter
by Gujarat police on outskirts of the city.
CBI investigation has revealed that Kausar Bi was killed
in a farmhouse on outskirts of Gandhinagar, her body was burnt
and ashes were thrown in Narmada river near Bharuch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared