Guj HC issues notice to CBI while hearing bail plea of accused
Ahmedabad: Gujarat High Court on Wednesday issued
notice to the CBI while hearing the bail plea of Rajendra
Jeerawala, owner of the farmhouse where Sohrabuddin and Kauser
Bi were kept before being killed.
The bail plea came up for hearing in the court of Justice
Z K Sayaid, who issued notice to CBI and asked it to file a
reply by December 13, when the further hearing in the matter
Rajendra Jeerawala, who is owner of Arham farm where
Soharabuddin and his wife Kauser Bi were kept before they were
killed, has contended in his bail plea that he was innocent
and was not involved in the fake encounter case.
Jeerwala has further said that since he was innocent, he
should not be kept in jail and released immediately.
The CBI had arrested Jeerawala on July 27 for his alleged
involvement in the killing of Kausar Bi. In September, his
bail plea was rejected by the High Court on the ground that he
was not charge sheeted.
The present application by Jeerawala comes after
filing of supplementary charge sheet by the CBI last month.
Sohrabuddin and his wife Kausar Bi were shifted to the
Jeerawala`s Arham farm from Disha farm on night of November
25, 2005. The next day Sohrabuddin was killed in an encounter
by Gujarat police on outskirts of the city.
CBI investigation has revealed that Kausar Bi was killed
in a farmhouse on outskirts of Gandhinagar, her body was burnt
and ashes were thrown in Narmada river near Bharuch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!