Guj HC suspends nomination of members of APMC Lodhika
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat High Court
suspended the nomination of new members of the Agricultural
Produce Market Committee (APMC) Lodhika in Rajkot district and
observed that the state government did not apply its mind
while nominating the new members.
The order was passed yesterday by Justice M R Shah
while hearing a petition of one Hardevsinh Jadeja and four
others, who had sought quashing of the government order
nominating new members to the APMC Lodhika alleging that
committee was not appointed as per direction of the High Court
order of 2008.
"Having heard the respective parties and considering
impugned (government) notification of March 16 nominating
respondent as members of newly constituted Agricultural
Produce Market Committee, Lodhika, it prima facie appears that
their nomination (under section 54(2) of the Gujarat
Agricultural Produce Markets Act, 1963) cannot be sustained,"
the court observed.
"There is total non-application of mind on the part of
the state government in nominating members of the newly
constituted APMC, Rajkot - Lodhika. Though served (notice),
nobody (from the new members) appears.
Hence, impugned (government) notification dated March
16, nominating members of the newly constituted Agricultural
Produce Market Committee, Lodhika, is hereby stayed and
suspended," the court said in the order.
Without verifying or satisfying that respondents are
even eligible to be members of the APMC Rajkot, Lodhika or
not, they could not have been appointed as members of the
Market Committee," the order further said.
The court by way of interim relief, ordered that the
Director of Agricultural Market Rural Finance, would manage
affairs of the APMC, Lodhika till further orders are passed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- Pandal Politics: Shiv Sena slams Bombay High Court's order- Part 2
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes