Guj IAS officer weighed in blood
Vadodara: Spearheading a blood donation drive for last many years, an IAS officer was on Monday weighed in 79 litres of blood donated by 513 people at a village near here.
Gujarat Home Department Additional Chief Secretary Sudeep Kumar Nanda was today given the `Rakta tula sanman` (honour of weighing in blood) at a camp organised in Kalla village near here.
Around 513 people participated in the donation camp and collected 79 litres of blood to balance the bureaucrat`s 79 kgs frame.
Nanda has been taking forward the blood donation drive for last 12 years so that the blood collected at such camps can be utilised for the needy patients from weaker section of the society.
The camp was organised by the local Faiz charitable trust and Suraktam blood bank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi