Guj IAS officer weighed in blood
Vadodara: Spearheading a blood donation drive for last many years, an IAS officer was on Monday weighed in 79 litres of blood donated by 513 people at a village near here.
Gujarat Home Department Additional Chief Secretary Sudeep Kumar Nanda was today given the `Rakta tula sanman` (honour of weighing in blood) at a camp organised in Kalla village near here.
Around 513 people participated in the donation camp and collected 79 litres of blood to balance the bureaucrat`s 79 kgs frame.
Nanda has been taking forward the blood donation drive for last 12 years so that the blood collected at such camps can be utilised for the needy patients from weaker section of the society.
The camp was organised by the local Faiz charitable trust and Suraktam blood bank.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi