Guj: Milk to be costlier by Re 1-2 per litre from Oct 3
Anand (Guj): Milk prices will go up by Re 1 to 2 per litre in Gujarat from October 3, GCMMF that markets the dairy brand `Amul` said Monday.
"Prices of `Amul Gold` will increase by Rs 2 per litre, while Re 1 per litre hike will be there in other five brands - `Shakti`, `Taaza`, `Slim & Trim`, `Cow`, and `Tea Special` - in Saurashtra and Ahmedabad, where the federation does marketing," Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation (GCMMF) managing director R S Sodhi said.
The dairies and members of federation in other parts of Gujarat will take an independent call on price hike, he said.
The hike comes into effect from October 3, Sodhi said, adding that the decision was taken during the federation`s board meeting held here.
The new milk prices in Saurashtra region and Ahmedabad from October 3 will be `Gold` Rs 40 per litre, `Shakti` (Rs 36), `Taaza` (Rs 29), Cow (Rs 33), `Slim & Trim` (Rs 27), `Tea Special` (Rs 36), a federation official said.
GCMMF has cited hike in transportation cost owing to increased cost of diesel and feedstock, as the reason behind rise in milk prices.
"Firstly our transportation cost has gone up in wake of rise in diesel prices, and secondly the cost of feedstock has gone up by 30 per cent in last three months," Sodhi said.
However, the federation has ruled out any hike in milk prices in metros (New Delhi, Mumbai and Kolkata) in short term, saying that prices of full cream milk there are now at par with Gujarat.
In the last 15 months, GCMMF has hiked milk prices roughly by 15 per cent, which it claims is still lower than the food inflation.
The federation had recently announced Rs 10 hike in per kg of fat on milk procurement from farmers, taking the payout to Rs 455 per kg.
Amul has grown to be a Rs 11,668 crore brand with milk collection of 3.88 billion litres in 2011-12. The number of member societies of GCMMF now stand at 16,100, with 3.2 million members pouring milk.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3