Guj min acquainted with circumstances of Sohrabuddin case: CBI
New Delhi: CBI on Thursday said Gujarat`s junior
Home Minister Amit Shah, who is close to Chief Minister
Narendra Modi, is acquainted with the circumstances of
Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case and stressed for his
"A summons has been issued to Minister of State (Home),
Government of Gujarat for the purpose of examination as he is
acquainted with the circumstances of the case," CBI
spokesperson Harsh Bhal said here today.
Shah has been summoned to appear before the agency office
in Gandhinagar tomorrow for questioning.
Sohrabuddin, an alleged gangster, was killed in an
encounter by Gujarat Police near Ahmedabad in 2005.
In a related development, the CBI has asked media to
exercise restraint while reporting the issue in view of
reports emanating from different sections of media.
The case relating to the death of Sohrabuddin and his
wife Kausar Bi was handed over to the CBI by the Supreme Court
in January this year.
"CBI has been conducting the investigation of the case as
per laid down laws, rules and procedures. The case is still
under investigation. Therefore, no more details can be shared
at this stage," he said.
Bhal said he and R K Gaur, Press Information Officer of
CBI may be contacted to obtain the correct official version.
"No other CBI officer is permitted to interact with the
media unless specifically authorized... media is also
requested to refrain from quoting CBI `sources` without
confirmation from the above mentioned authorities," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!