Guj minister Patel confirms his relations with Ambanis to EC
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Energy and Petroleum Minister Saurabh Patel has confirmed to the Election Commission about his "relations" with Ambani family.
The minister`s reply came in connection with his complaint against Aam Aadmi Party convenor Arvind Kejriwal who had accused him of favouring Reliance for "being the son-in-law of the Ambani family".
"I have filed a complaint against him (Kejriwal) and in furtherance to that the Election Commission has asked for some details and I have given that," Saurabh Patel told PTI today.
"They (EC) asked me if I have any relations with Ambani family, all knows about the relations, I was married in 1986," Patel said.
Patel also clarified that EC has not given him any notice. "...They just inquired and I gave my reply," he added.
When contacted, an EC officer said Patel has replied and confirmed about his relations with Amabni family.
Kejriwal, during his four-day `reality-check` tour to Gujarat, had alleged "Modi government has been favouring Mukesh Ambani and included their son-in-law Saurabh Patel in state cabinet".
The AAP leader had also alleged that Saurabh Patel has been allocated important portfolios of petroleum, petrochemicals, energy and industries to favour Ambani and Reliance.
Patel then lodged a complaint before the ECI against Kejriwal for making personal remarks against him and sought action against the AAP leader for violation of the Model Code of Conduct.
Patel, who is an MLA from Akota assembly constituency in Vadodara district, has been been holding the energy and petrochemicals portfolio in the state government as minister of state since December 2002.
After the 2012 Assembly elections, he was elevated to the Cabinet rank and given portfolios of energy and petrochemicals, mines and minerals and cottage industries.
He also holds printing, stationary, planning, tourism, civil aviation, labour and employment departments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Congressmen tie pigeon inside rocket to welcome their leader – A must watch for Rahul Gandhi
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'