Guj on high alert after IB`s warning of terror strike
Ahmedabad: Gujarat has been put on high alert in wake of Intelligence Bureau`s warning of a possible terror strike in the state, after the Pune blasts, a top police official said on Sunday.
"High alert is in force in the state and will remain till August 15. With IB inputs and festival season round the corner security has been beefed up in the state," the police official said on condition of anonymity.
A close vigil is being maintained at all the vital installations," he said.
The screening of vehicles at entry and exit points of the state has been intensified and all precautionary measures are being taken, he said.
Gujarat figures high on the radar of terror outfits.
In July 2008, a series of bomb blasts had rocked the city, killing 56 people and injuring over 200.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery