Guj on high alert after IB`s warning of terror strike
Ahmedabad: Gujarat has been put on high alert in wake of Intelligence Bureau`s warning of a possible terror strike in the state, after the Pune blasts, a top police official said on Sunday.
"High alert is in force in the state and will remain till August 15. With IB inputs and festival season round the corner security has been beefed up in the state," the police official said on condition of anonymity.
A close vigil is being maintained at all the vital installations," he said.
The screening of vehicles at entry and exit points of the state has been intensified and all precautionary measures are being taken, he said.
Gujarat figures high on the radar of terror outfits.
In July 2008, a series of bomb blasts had rocked the city, killing 56 people and injuring over 200.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'