Guj Panchayat: Polls in 10,509 villages on Dec 29
Ahmedabad: Elections to 10,509 village
panchayats in Gujarat will be held on December 29, State
Election Commission (SEC) said here on Tuesday.
Of the total 14,000 village panchayats, elections to
10,509 will be held on December 29, SEC Secretary P S Shah
"Notification for the elections will be issued on
December 10," he said, adding that the elections will not be
allowed to fight on party symbols.
The last date of filing nominations is December 15, while
forms can be withdrawn up to December 17.
Re-polling, if required, will be held on December 30 and
counting of votes will take place on December 31.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal