Guj: Person who jumped before train identified
Udhagamandalam: The man, who allegedly committed suicide by jumping before the `Nilgiris toy train` on April 16, has been identified as Purushotham Preetham Dubey of Jamnagar in Gujarat, police said Wednesday.
The body, which was kept in the mortuary of the Government Hospital here, was identified by the deceased`s wife and daughter today, police said.
The woman had filed a complaint that the deceased was reported missing since April 16 after he left their hotel, police said, adding, she was asked to come to the mortuary to identify the body.
Dubey and his wife had come to see their daughter studying in a private school here.
Quoting the woman, police said there was no specific reason for Dubey to commit suicide and a case of accidental death while tresspassing, was registered, they said.
The `Nilgiris toy train` connects Udhagamandalam to Mettupalayam.It covers the 46 km distance to Udhagamandalam, popularly known as Ooty, in four and a half hours,averaging 10.4 km per hr.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites