Guj: Person who jumped before train identified
Udhagamandalam: The man, who allegedly committed suicide by jumping before the `Nilgiris toy train` on April 16, has been identified as Purushotham Preetham Dubey of Jamnagar in Gujarat, police said Wednesday.
The body, which was kept in the mortuary of the Government Hospital here, was identified by the deceased`s wife and daughter today, police said.
The woman had filed a complaint that the deceased was reported missing since April 16 after he left their hotel, police said, adding, she was asked to come to the mortuary to identify the body.
Dubey and his wife had come to see their daughter studying in a private school here.
Quoting the woman, police said there was no specific reason for Dubey to commit suicide and a case of accidental death while tresspassing, was registered, they said.
The `Nilgiris toy train` connects Udhagamandalam to Mettupalayam.It covers the 46 km distance to Udhagamandalam, popularly known as Ooty, in four and a half hours,averaging 10.4 km per hr.
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part II
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?-Part III
- DNA: Media bribed for suppressing details of AgustaWestland chopper scam
- DNA: India's own GPS system, IRNSS-G1 successfully launched
- PM Modi tests performance of BJP MPs on social media; Sushma Swaraj emerges star performer
- CAD to widen to $25 billion in FY17 on surge in gold imports, sluggish exports: Report
- Govt to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on Friday
- Scary! Truck carrying firecrackers catches fire at Yamuna Expressway – Watch
- Watch video: Top 10 incredible health benefits of pineapples!