Guj: Person who jumped before train identified
Udhagamandalam: The man, who allegedly committed suicide by jumping before the `Nilgiris toy train` on April 16, has been identified as Purushotham Preetham Dubey of Jamnagar in Gujarat, police said Wednesday.
The body, which was kept in the mortuary of the Government Hospital here, was identified by the deceased`s wife and daughter today, police said.
The woman had filed a complaint that the deceased was reported missing since April 16 after he left their hotel, police said, adding, she was asked to come to the mortuary to identify the body.
Dubey and his wife had come to see their daughter studying in a private school here.
Quoting the woman, police said there was no specific reason for Dubey to commit suicide and a case of accidental death while tresspassing, was registered, they said.
The `Nilgiris toy train` connects Udhagamandalam to Mettupalayam.It covers the 46 km distance to Udhagamandalam, popularly known as Ooty, in four and a half hours,averaging 10.4 km per hr.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!