Guj: Person who jumped before train identified
Udhagamandalam: The man, who allegedly committed suicide by jumping before the `Nilgiris toy train` on April 16, has been identified as Purushotham Preetham Dubey of Jamnagar in Gujarat, police said Wednesday.
The body, which was kept in the mortuary of the Government Hospital here, was identified by the deceased`s wife and daughter today, police said.
The woman had filed a complaint that the deceased was reported missing since April 16 after he left their hotel, police said, adding, she was asked to come to the mortuary to identify the body.
Dubey and his wife had come to see their daughter studying in a private school here.
Quoting the woman, police said there was no specific reason for Dubey to commit suicide and a case of accidental death while tresspassing, was registered, they said.
The `Nilgiris toy train` connects Udhagamandalam to Mettupalayam.It covers the 46 km distance to Udhagamandalam, popularly known as Ooty, in four and a half hours,averaging 10.4 km per hr.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report