Guj: Person who jumped before train identified
Udhagamandalam: The man, who allegedly committed suicide by jumping before the `Nilgiris toy train` on April 16, has been identified as Purushotham Preetham Dubey of Jamnagar in Gujarat, police said Wednesday.
The body, which was kept in the mortuary of the Government Hospital here, was identified by the deceased`s wife and daughter today, police said.
The woman had filed a complaint that the deceased was reported missing since April 16 after he left their hotel, police said, adding, she was asked to come to the mortuary to identify the body.
Dubey and his wife had come to see their daughter studying in a private school here.
Quoting the woman, police said there was no specific reason for Dubey to commit suicide and a case of accidental death while tresspassing, was registered, they said.
The `Nilgiris toy train` connects Udhagamandalam to Mettupalayam.It covers the 46 km distance to Udhagamandalam, popularly known as Ooty, in four and a half hours,averaging 10.4 km per hr.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing