Guj polls 2012: BJP, Congress to release election manifesto
Ahmedabad: The central leadership of the ruling BJP and the main opposition Congress will on Monday release their respective election manifestos for the upcoming Assembly Elections in Gujarat.
According to reports, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, Leader of Opposition in Rajya Sabha Arun Jailtley and other senior leaders will release the BJP’s manifesto in Ahmedabad.
In the poll manifesto, BJP is likely to focus on affordable housing for urban areas and irrigation facilities for agriculture in rural areas. The party is also expected to go aggressive on all completed development projects including the Sardar Sarovar Branch canal.
Voicing support for Modi-the hardline Hindutva leader of BJP- party veteran LK Advani and its Leader of Opposition in Lok Sabha Sushma Swaraj recently described the Gujarat Chief Minister as a “role model” of development and an ideal prime ministerial candidate.
The two leaders also made an appeal to other states to imitate him.
“Modi is undertaking great development work in Gujarat. He is a role model for chief ministers of other states on how to rule, govern and take care of even the poorest,” Advani said while addressing election rallies at Kalol and Mansa in Gandhinagar district yesterday.
Praising Modi for introducing schemes for tribals and fishermen, Advani said “Prices have risen during the Congress regime while the Union government is facing corruption charges. Scam after scam is being unearthed.”
In a major boost to Modi`s prime ministerial ambitions, BJP leader Swaraj indicated that the Gujarat Chief Minister could be NDA`s candidate in 2014 General Elections.
"He is fit to be the Prime Minister... He has done great work in Gujarat," Swaraj told a news channel.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference