Guj porngate: Cong MLAs suspended from Assembly
Ahmedabad: All the Congress MLAs were on Thursday
suspended from the Gujarat Assembly for disrupting the House,
seeking dismissal of two BJP MLAs accused of watching obscene
video clips during the proceedings.
During the second session of the day, Minister of State
for Legislative affairs Pradeepsinh Jadeja raised a point of
order against Congress members who were shouting slogans
against the MLAs Shankar Chaudhary and Jetha Bharvad.
The point of order was supported by the Cabinet minister
for Legislative affairs Dilip Sanghani and the chief whip of
BJP Pankaj Desai.
Jadeja alleged that the Congress members have been
stalling the House proceedings since morning which has led
to three adjournments.
He further said that the Congress MLAs were not only
dishonouring the House by sloganeering and leaving their
respective seats, but also attempting to put it out of order
by disrupting the discussion on the private members` bills.
Sanghani alleged that the Congress has taken the House
to ransom since morning. The point of order to suspend all the
Congress members was put to voice vote and passed with
However, Congress members refused to leave the House and
entered into the Well and had to be forced out by Assembly
sergeants following which it was adjourned for 15 minutes.
Earlier, the Assembly was adjourned thrice as Opposition
Congress continued to disrupt the proceedings with their
demand to dismiss the accused duo.
Senior Congress leader Siddharth Patel after coming
out of the House said that they have demanded dismissal of
the Chaudhary and Bharvad for the rest of the session.
If they can suspend the Leader of Opposition Shaktisinh
Gohil for frivolous reasons, these people have dishonoured the
House, Patel alleged, adding that the Speaker is yet to reply
to their demands.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus