Guj running for progress of five capitalists, not five crore Gujaratis: Tewari
New Delhi: Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari while attending the fifth round-table on broadcast organized by CII on Friday, said that the Gujarat Government has been running for the welfare of four to five capitalists since the past 10 years, and not for five crore Gujaratis, also tagging Modi as a fascist.
"The Gujarat Government has been running for four to five capitalists since 10 years, and not for five crore Gujaratis. Nobody can deny that. The so-called Gujarat model is indicative that five crore Gujaratis have been suppressed, and a few capitalists have progressed. So if farmers in Gujarat are protesting against it, they are doing it for all the right reasons,` said Tewari.
"In the past ten years, the development that has took place has been along with the people. But Modi only praises himself all the time, and he is only about `me` and not `us` and if fascist powers in this country stronger the media will be the worst sufferer," he said.
"Congress has always focused on development of the economy with contribution of all, and it is for the nation to decide that they want to hear `We` or `Me` in the coming years," he added.
He further said that in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, Congress would come to power with the support of the people.
"When the results of 2014 Lok Sabha elections will come out, people will see that those who have given PMs to this nation, will come into power again with people`s support, and those who have given PM candidates will see themselves in their stable opposition position,` said Tewari.
Reacting to Modi statement that the Congress does not considered the people of the Scheduled caste important, he said that the Congress has done a lot in that area.
"First of all it was the Congress who had done whatever was necessary for the SC people in the past ten years. Also the Congress manifesto is in process of being formulated," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account