Guj should have 100 enrollment of children in schools: Modi
Vadodara: Gujarat Chief Minister on Thursday
said that with a view to bring qualitative changes in the
primary education system in the state, the government has
aimed at 100 per cent enrollment of children in schools.
"Every child has a right to education. Lets make sure
they get it," Modi said.
A three-day programme of `Kanya Kelvani` and `Shala
Mahotsav` began here today and is being held between June 17
to 10 in rural areas and June 24 to 26 in urban areas.
The programme had started in 1998-99 in three backward
and tribal dominated districts of Dohad in Central Gujarat,
Dangs in south and Banaskantha in north Gujarat.
Due to these programmes, there have been qualitative
changes in the primary education, clean school campus, mid day
meal scheme and other encouraging activities. Also the school
drop-out rate has come down to 2.20 per cent from 17.83 per
cent in 2003-04.
The year 2009-10 saw about 6,67,913 children of the
age group of 6 to 14 years enrolled in schools.
Modi will visit Sarhadi taluka of Banaskantha today.
Tomorrow, he will be visiting Jafarabad taluka of Amreli and
Ghoghamba taluka of Dahod district on June 19.
The Chief Minister will visit these areas with a view
to bring qualitative changes in the primary education and in
the role of Anganwadis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested