Guj: Three Dalit youths killed in police firing
Rajkot: Three Dalit youths were killed in police firing at Thangadh town near here following clashes with members from another community, police said on Sunday.
The trouble between Dalits and the Bharwad (Shepherd) community members started at the Tarnetar fair held near Thangadh in Surendranagar district which concluded yesterday, police said.
The members of the two communities reportedly clashed over some issue after the fair.
The police first resorted to lathicharge and then fired tear gas shells, they said. When the violence continued, police fired in the air in which a Dalit boy was killed while two others were seriously injured.
They succumbed today, police said.
"To quell the mob, police first resorted to lathicharge, then fired tear gas shells, but as violence continued and stone throwing started, we had to fire in air," a police official said.
Meanwhile, clashes between the two groups flared up again this afternoon, police said, adding, security has been stepped up in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Saffron party will still face defeat in the upcoming assembly elections', BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna Joshi jump
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh