Guj to auction state securities worth Rs 1k cr
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat government on Monday said it will sell state government stock securities worth Rs
1,000 crore with a holding period of 10 years to fund
development programmes and schemes included in its annual
development plan (ADP) for 2011-2012.
The auction of the stock securities will be conducted by
the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) tomorrow, Gujarat Finance
Department Additional Secretary Manish Verma said in a
In recent years, the Gujarat government`s public debt has
mounted and it stood at Rs 1,13,125 crore as of March 31,
2011. According to the state government, the debt has been
utilised for developmental activities in the state and in the
creation of productive assets.
Besides the staggering public debt, the state government
has extended guarantees on behalf of government-owned entities
and various statutory bodies of the state.
As stated in the Finance Department release, the
government has projected a revenue surplus of Rs 443 crore for
FY`2011-12, as against last year`s revenue deficit of Rs 5,561
Through stringent financial and administrative measures,
the government has reduced its outstanding guarantees from Rs
19,001 crore at the end of 2002-03 to Rs 8,824 crore as on
March 31 this year, the statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH