Guj to set up exclusive centre for training commandos
Ahmedabad: An exclusive centre to train
commandos on the lines of the National Security Guards (NSG) will soon come up in Kheda district of Gujarat as part of the police upgradation programme initiated by the Central
This Commando Training Unit (CTU) is being set up in
Khalal village in Kathlal taluka of the district on banks of
"There is a need for trained commands in Gujarat. And
presently the training is being done at the Police Academy
in Karai, Gandhinagar. But for commando training we need much
bigger ground and facility. The Karai Police Academy, spread
in 24 acres land is not sufficient enough. Hence, an exclusive
unit is being set up at Khalal village," Additional Director
General of Police (ADGP), Training, Fazal Guard said.
According to the ADGP, over 150 acres of land has
already been allotted by the state government for the CTU.
"The CTU is part of the Police Upgradation Programme
of the Centre and is likely to become operational within 5-6
months time," Guard said.
It has been approved under the 13th Finance Commission.
For this training unit land would be provided by the state
government, while the other infrastructure would be financed
by the Union government, he said.
According to him, the land has already been demarcated
but the final paper work was under process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- India has a very big infrastructure programme: Arun Jaitley
- Germany's Merkel calls for sober EU divorce talks with 'partner' Britain
- Sanjay Bangar, Abhay Sharma named as support staff to Indian cricket coach Anil Kumble
- Russia, regime strikes kill 47 in east Syria: Monitor
- Tamil Nadu Congress chief Elangovan quits