Guj woman turned bomb-making husband to cops
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat government on Monday
rewarded the woman who tipped off police about her bomb-making
husband which led to the recovery of 10 crude bombs.
Minister of State for Home Praful Patel and DGP
Chitranjan Singh visited the residence of Reshma Ragrez in
Danilimda area here and presented her a cheque of Rs 25,000.
They also congratulated the woman for her brave act
which led to the arrest of her husband Sahazad yesterday.
Reshma had yesterday informed the Police Control Room
that her husband had been making bombs. Following this, police
conducted a search operation and recovered 10 crude bombs from
their home and another location where they were hidden.
Sahazad was arrested and sent to 10-days police
custody by a local court. The state`s Anti-Terrorism Squad
(ATS) is probing the case.
"Reshmaben has put the well being of the society above
her family, for which she has to be admired," Patel told
mediapersons after felicitating her.
Praising her courageous act, he said Reshma had done
service to the nation.
Reshma had yesterday said she did not regret reporting
her husband to the police. "I do not care if my family life is
disturbed or destroyed. But I could not sit back and see him
(Sahazad) do such an illegal act," she had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city