Guj woman turned bomb-making husband to cops
Ahmedabad: The Gujarat government on Monday
rewarded the woman who tipped off police about her bomb-making
husband which led to the recovery of 10 crude bombs.
Minister of State for Home Praful Patel and DGP
Chitranjan Singh visited the residence of Reshma Ragrez in
Danilimda area here and presented her a cheque of Rs 25,000.
They also congratulated the woman for her brave act
which led to the arrest of her husband Sahazad yesterday.
Reshma had yesterday informed the Police Control Room
that her husband had been making bombs. Following this, police
conducted a search operation and recovered 10 crude bombs from
their home and another location where they were hidden.
Sahazad was arrested and sent to 10-days police
custody by a local court. The state`s Anti-Terrorism Squad
(ATS) is probing the case.
"Reshmaben has put the well being of the society above
her family, for which she has to be admired," Patel told
mediapersons after felicitating her.
Praising her courageous act, he said Reshma had done
service to the nation.
Reshma had yesterday said she did not regret reporting
her husband to the police. "I do not care if my family life is
disturbed or destroyed. But I could not sit back and see him
(Sahazad) do such an illegal act," she had said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!