Gujarat: 2 accused of spying for ISI, sent to police custody
Ahmedabad: A local court on Monday sent two accused who were arrested for passing sensitive defence information to Pakistan`s ISI to police custody for eight days.
Detection of Crime Branch (DCB) today produced both the accused Sirajuddin Ali (22) and Mohammad Ayub (23) before Metropolitan Magistrate BJ Ganatra and sought their custody for 14 days to further interrogate them over their alleged activities of espionage.
The Court, however, ordered them to remain in police custody till October 23.
Inspector HK Rathod today submitted before the court that they needed custody of the two accused to find out whether there were more people involved in collecting and passing of the sensitive information to the spy agency of the neighbouring country.
He also submitted that one of the accused had visited Pakistan and some other countries and they have to find out as to whom did he meet there and for what purpose.
Sources said that Sirajuddin Ali had visited African countries like Tanzania where he had spent considerable time allegedly to get espionage training.
Crime Branch had yesterday apprehended Ali and Ayub, both residents of Ahmedabad, for allegedly passing on confidential information related to Army base in Bhuj and Army Cantonment here to Pakistan`s Inter-Services Intelligence.
While Ali used to supply eggs to Army canteen, Ayub is a student. The duo used to get money through Western Union Money Transfer for the vital information they provided, police said adding that they used to converse in code language and had prepared rough sketches of Army base in Bhuj and Cantonment here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year