Gujarat: 2 accused of spying for ISI, sent to police custody
Ahmedabad: A local court on Monday sent two accused who were arrested for passing sensitive defence information to Pakistan`s ISI to police custody for eight days.
Detection of Crime Branch (DCB) today produced both the accused Sirajuddin Ali (22) and Mohammad Ayub (23) before Metropolitan Magistrate BJ Ganatra and sought their custody for 14 days to further interrogate them over their alleged activities of espionage.
The Court, however, ordered them to remain in police custody till October 23.
Inspector HK Rathod today submitted before the court that they needed custody of the two accused to find out whether there were more people involved in collecting and passing of the sensitive information to the spy agency of the neighbouring country.
He also submitted that one of the accused had visited Pakistan and some other countries and they have to find out as to whom did he meet there and for what purpose.
Sources said that Sirajuddin Ali had visited African countries like Tanzania where he had spent considerable time allegedly to get espionage training.
Crime Branch had yesterday apprehended Ali and Ayub, both residents of Ahmedabad, for allegedly passing on confidential information related to Army base in Bhuj and Army Cantonment here to Pakistan`s Inter-Services Intelligence.
While Ali used to supply eggs to Army canteen, Ayub is a student. The duo used to get money through Western Union Money Transfer for the vital information they provided, police said adding that they used to converse in code language and had prepared rough sketches of Army base in Bhuj and Cantonment here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday