Gujarat: 24 dead in road mishap
Ahmedabad: Twenty-four people, including eight children, were on Thursday killed while 15 others injured when their truck overturned on the Sanand-Viramgam Highway in the district.
The mishap took place in early morning hours near Charodi village when the vehicle laden with salt skidded off the road which was slippery due to overnight rains, police said.
Most of the victims were labourers travelling on the truck, they said, adding six out of the 15 injured persons were admitted to V S Hospital in the city and others at Sanand hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’