Gujarat: 31-ft Shiva Lingam unveiled in Valsad
Ahmedabad: A 31-feet `Shiva lingam` made up
of over 20 lakh rudraksha beads was on Sunday unveiled at Kharvel
village in Valsad district on the eve of Mahashivratri
Rudraksha beads are vertically lined using threads on a
steel frame to construct the mammoth structure which has a
base with a diameter of 16 ft.
Building Shiv lingam is an initiative of one Batuk Vyas,
a businessman from Dharampur taluka in South Gujarat and the
workers collectively put 30,000 man hours to construct it in
Vyas claimed to have broken his own record of 25-feet
rudraksha shiva lingam which was recorded in the Limca Book of
Records (LBR) last year.
"It all started with an 11 inch high rudraksha shiva
lingam 13 year ago and today we have reached 31 ft which is
big achievement for with blessing of Lord Shiva and people
zeal," Vyas said.
"This year we have built a 31 ft shiva lingam using over
20 lakh rudraksha beads. Last year, we had built rudraksha
shiva lingam which was 25 ft tall and was recorded in the
Limca book of records," he said.
Vyas has been building such rudraksha shiva lingam since
last 13 years.
The structure was unveiled by Chief Income Tax
Commissioner of Gujarat MD Kabra and Chairperson of Gujarat
Women`s Commission Lilaben Ankolia.
"The idea behind creation of Shiva lingam made out of
rudraksha is to offer a glimpse of innumerable divine
properties of rudraksha to the people. My devotion to the
rudraksha and it powers is the sole motive behind this
creation," Vyas said.
He further said that Dr Raj Ashok Shetty from the
Limca Book of Records was also present to assess their claim
for the record.
The shiva lingam will be available for view by public
till March 4.
Rudraksha bead are obtained from a tree with botanical
name Elaeocarpus Granitrus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?