Gujarat: 50 IPS officers transferred
Ahmedabad: Gujarat government has transferred
50 IPS officers, including Satish Verma, a member of special
investigation team which probed Ishrat Jahan encounter case.
Verma, currently JCP (traffic) for Ahmedabad city, has
been now appointed as principal of Police Training College in
As per the notification issued late last night, six IPS
officers have been promoted from the rank of Superintendent of
Police (SP) to Deputy Inspector General (DIG). They include RJ Savani, accused of negligence by 2002 Gujarat riots victims.
Eleven police inspectors have been promoted as Deputy
Superintendents of Police, and transfered. Seven existing DySP
rank officers have been also transfered.
Verma was a part of the Gujarat High Court-appointed SIT
in Ishrat case. The SIT concluded that the encounter was fake,
following which the High court handed over the case to CBI.
Savani, accused of negligence during the post-Godhra
riots by many of the victims and the NGO Jan Sangharsh Manch
(JSM), has been promoted as DIG-Railways for Gujarat.
Savani, at present SP of Mehsana, was DCP Zone (V) in
2002; Naroda Patiya, Naroda Gam and Gulburg society which
faced large-scale communal violence were in his jurisdiction.
Atul Karwal, a Gujarat-cadre IPS officer who scaled Mount
Everest in 2009, has also been transfered from current posting
of JCP Sector 2 in Ahmedabad to Joint Director, State Police
Academy, Karai, Gandhinagar.
Karwal will be replaced by SG Bhatti, at present
Additional Police Commissioner (traffic and crime), Surat.
The police inspectors who have been promoted to DySP
rank (class 1) will have to clear the computer skills test
within three months, otherwise they will be demoted to the PI
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- Supreme Court bans diesel, petrol cabs in Delhi-NCR from May 1
- SHOCKING! Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Haryana - WATCH VIDEO
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan to star in Ajay Devgn's ‘Baadshaho’?
- AgustaWestland bribery scam: CBI questions ex-IAF deputy chief JS Gujaral
- Subramanian Swamy may soon form Virat Hindustan Sansadiya Sangam of MPs for grand Hindutva concept