Gujarat a vibrant state: Goa Congress legislator
Panaji: Even as the Congress party has launched an all out attack on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, a Congress legislator from Goa on Tuesday said it was a "vibrant state".
Congress legislator and former health minister Vishwajeet Rane was speaking during discussions on the health of the state economy and was drawing parallels between the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) governments in Goa and Gujarat.
"There is a vibrancy in that state," Rane said, adding that while Gujarat`s debt may have increased from around Rs. 35,000 crore in 2002 to over Rs.1 lakh crore now, a number of industries had set up operations in that state.
The Congress and the Narendra Modi are at loggerheads after the latter began projecting himself as National Democratic Alliance`s (NDA) probable prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert