Gujarat a vibrant state: Goa Congress legislator
Panaji: Even as the Congress party has launched an all out attack on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, a Congress legislator from Goa on Tuesday said it was a "vibrant state".
Congress legislator and former health minister Vishwajeet Rane was speaking during discussions on the health of the state economy and was drawing parallels between the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) governments in Goa and Gujarat.
"There is a vibrancy in that state," Rane said, adding that while Gujarat`s debt may have increased from around Rs. 35,000 crore in 2002 to over Rs.1 lakh crore now, a number of industries had set up operations in that state.
The Congress and the Narendra Modi are at loggerheads after the latter began projecting himself as National Democratic Alliance`s (NDA) probable prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra