Gujarat a vibrant state: Goa Congress legislator
Panaji: Even as the Congress party has launched an all out attack on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, a Congress legislator from Goa on Tuesday said it was a "vibrant state".
Congress legislator and former health minister Vishwajeet Rane was speaking during discussions on the health of the state economy and was drawing parallels between the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) governments in Goa and Gujarat.
"There is a vibrancy in that state," Rane said, adding that while Gujarat`s debt may have increased from around Rs. 35,000 crore in 2002 to over Rs.1 lakh crore now, a number of industries had set up operations in that state.
The Congress and the Narendra Modi are at loggerheads after the latter began projecting himself as National Democratic Alliance`s (NDA) probable prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi