Gujarat a vibrant state: Goa Congress legislator
Panaji: Even as the Congress party has launched an all out attack on Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, a Congress legislator from Goa on Tuesday said it was a "vibrant state".
Congress legislator and former health minister Vishwajeet Rane was speaking during discussions on the health of the state economy and was drawing parallels between the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) governments in Goa and Gujarat.
"There is a vibrancy in that state," Rane said, adding that while Gujarat`s debt may have increased from around Rs. 35,000 crore in 2002 to over Rs.1 lakh crore now, a number of industries had set up operations in that state.
The Congress and the Narendra Modi are at loggerheads after the latter began projecting himself as National Democratic Alliance`s (NDA) probable prime ministerial candidate for the 2014 general elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda
- Sheena Bora on Indrani Mukerjea in her diary: `I hate my mother...she is a witch`