Gujarat: Accused NRI woman alleges rape in CID custody
Ahmedabad: An NRI woman, accused in a case of land grabbing, on Saturday alleged that she was raped by a CID official and another person when she was in police custody in May this year.
"A complaint has been received at Meghaninagar police station, in which an NRI woman has made serious allegations against CID officials. It is a sensitive case, and has been handed over to Women Cell headed by DCP (Zone V)," said DCP Neeraj Badgujar.
"Investigation will be carried out under the supervision of DCP Parikshita Rathore," he said.
Talking to reporters outside the police station, the complainant woman said, "I was tormented by the police officials, abused, and physically mishandled."
DCP Rathore said that the woman had made rape allegations against a police inspector, a co-accussed, and claimed that she was raped in the presence of a top CID official.
"Surprisingly, she did not complain of anything of this kind during her medical examination at Sabarmati jail, or during the remand period," Rathore said.
The NRI woman had been released on bail in the land-grabbing case yesterday. She is accussed of forging records to acquire a piece of land in Vadodara district.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!