Gujarat: Amit Shah backs Modi as PM
Ahmedabad: Former Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah has backed state’s chief minister and hardline BJP leader Narendra Modi’s candidature for the Prime Minister’s post.
Shah, who hit the campaign trail in Ahmedabad on Thursday, said, “Modi has the ability to become the Prime Minister. Now it`s up to the party to decide when to announce it."
Shah, a known close aide of Modi, is currently out on bail in connection with a fake encounter case.
During his election campaign, Shah has reiterated that the fake encounter cases are not a setback. Instead he and his supporters argue it`s given him the image of a tough minister who helped Modi maintain law and order.
"These cases are vendetta politics," claimed Shah.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Restless Leg Syndrome: Treat the disorder with this amazingly simple trick! - Watch video
- Boris Johnson claims India owes UK multi-million pounds
- Trump's NATO comments show 'lack of preparedness': Obama
- Govt should resist urge of control everything: Arun Jaitley
- Sushma Swaraj can't give verdict on 'future of Kashmir': Pakistan