Gujarat: Amit Shah backs Modi as PM
Ahmedabad: Former Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah has backed state’s chief minister and hardline BJP leader Narendra Modi’s candidature for the Prime Minister’s post.
Shah, who hit the campaign trail in Ahmedabad on Thursday, said, “Modi has the ability to become the Prime Minister. Now it`s up to the party to decide when to announce it."
Shah, a known close aide of Modi, is currently out on bail in connection with a fake encounter case.
During his election campaign, Shah has reiterated that the fake encounter cases are not a setback. Instead he and his supporters argue it`s given him the image of a tough minister who helped Modi maintain law and order.
"These cases are vendetta politics," claimed Shah.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!