Gujarat: Amit Shah backs Modi as PM
Ahmedabad: Former Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah has backed state’s chief minister and hardline BJP leader Narendra Modi’s candidature for the Prime Minister’s post.
Shah, who hit the campaign trail in Ahmedabad on Thursday, said, “Modi has the ability to become the Prime Minister. Now it`s up to the party to decide when to announce it."
Shah, a known close aide of Modi, is currently out on bail in connection with a fake encounter case.
During his election campaign, Shah has reiterated that the fake encounter cases are not a setback. Instead he and his supporters argue it`s given him the image of a tough minister who helped Modi maintain law and order.
"These cases are vendetta politics," claimed Shah.
With Agency Inputs
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference