Gujarat: Amit Shah backs Modi as PM
Ahmedabad: Former Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah has backed state’s chief minister and hardline BJP leader Narendra Modi’s candidature for the Prime Minister’s post.
Shah, who hit the campaign trail in Ahmedabad on Thursday, said, “Modi has the ability to become the Prime Minister. Now it`s up to the party to decide when to announce it."
Shah, a known close aide of Modi, is currently out on bail in connection with a fake encounter case.
During his election campaign, Shah has reiterated that the fake encounter cases are not a setback. Instead he and his supporters argue it`s given him the image of a tough minister who helped Modi maintain law and order.
"These cases are vendetta politics," claimed Shah.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof