Gujarat: Amit Shah backs Modi as PM
Ahmedabad: Former Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah has backed state’s chief minister and hardline BJP leader Narendra Modi’s candidature for the Prime Minister’s post.
Shah, who hit the campaign trail in Ahmedabad on Thursday, said, “Modi has the ability to become the Prime Minister. Now it`s up to the party to decide when to announce it."
Shah, a known close aide of Modi, is currently out on bail in connection with a fake encounter case.
During his election campaign, Shah has reiterated that the fake encounter cases are not a setback. Instead he and his supporters argue it`s given him the image of a tough minister who helped Modi maintain law and order.
"These cases are vendetta politics," claimed Shah.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley