Gujarat: Amit Shah’s bail plea hearing today
Gandhinagar: A special CBI court will on Monday hear the bail plea moved by former Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah, arrested by the CBI in Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case.
The bail application has been filed in the court of special CBI Judge GK Upadhaya.
Shah, a close aide of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, was arrested in Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case on July 25 after he had surrendered before the CBI. He was then sent to a 14-day judicial custody till August 7.
Shah had moved court for bail the next day, July 26, and the court then posted the case for hearing on August 2.
In its 30,000 thousand page chargesheet, the CBI has charged Amit Shah with murder, abduction, extortion and conspiracy in the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case.
The charge sheet has named Shah as a key accused along with IPS officers D G Vanzara, Rajkumar Pandian, M N Dinesh and Abhay Chudasama. In all, 15 accused have been named.
According to the charge sheet, it was Shah who had entrusted the task of eliminating Sheikh, an alleged gangster, to Vanzara, Pandia and Chudasama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Immigration control a top priority: Stephen Crabb who is running to replace David Cameron
- Four Indian-Americans to be honoured with Great Immigrants Award
- No apology from Salman Khan as he responds to NCW notice on 'raped woman' remark
- Inspiring! Poverty-stricken Bihar siblings beat all odds to crack IIT-JEE
- 7th Pay Commission: Know at a glance, see this informative chart