Gujarat: Amit Shah’s bail plea hearing today
Gandhinagar: A special CBI court will on Monday hear the bail plea moved by former Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah, arrested by the CBI in Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case.
The bail application has been filed in the court of special CBI Judge GK Upadhaya.
Shah, a close aide of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, was arrested in Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case on July 25 after he had surrendered before the CBI. He was then sent to a 14-day judicial custody till August 7.
Shah had moved court for bail the next day, July 26, and the court then posted the case for hearing on August 2.
In its 30,000 thousand page chargesheet, the CBI has charged Amit Shah with murder, abduction, extortion and conspiracy in the Sohrabuddin fake encounter case.
The charge sheet has named Shah as a key accused along with IPS officers D G Vanzara, Rajkumar Pandian, M N Dinesh and Abhay Chudasama. In all, 15 accused have been named.
According to the charge sheet, it was Shah who had entrusted the task of eliminating Sheikh, an alleged gangster, to Vanzara, Pandia and Chudasama.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery