Gujarat Assembly`s budget session starts from July 1
Gandhinagar: The Budget session of the Gujarat Legislative Assembly will commence from July 1.
"The session will be held during July 1 and July 30," said Secretary of Gujarat Assembly DM Patel.
Newly-appointed Finance Minister Saurabh Patel will place the annual budget for the financial year 2014-15 before the Assembly.
Earlier in February, the then Finance Minister Nitin Patel had presented a `vote on account` of Rs 40,000 crore for four months of FY15, ahead of Lok Sabha elections.
The `vote on account` did not prescribe any new tax or other measures.
This will be the first session of newly-appointed chief minister Anandi Patel following her predecessor Narendra Modi`s election as prime minister.
Modi had attended the Budget session as chief minister for the last 13 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISIS threat: Home Ministry holds meeting with 12 state DGPs
- Delhi: Doctor found dead in RML hospital's parking lot
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Playing politics on terror: Is this how the govt will combat terrorism?
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement