Gujarat Assembly`s budget session starts from July 1
Gandhinagar: The Budget session of the Gujarat Legislative Assembly will commence from July 1.
"The session will be held during July 1 and July 30," said Secretary of Gujarat Assembly DM Patel.
Newly-appointed Finance Minister Saurabh Patel will place the annual budget for the financial year 2014-15 before the Assembly.
Earlier in February, the then Finance Minister Nitin Patel had presented a `vote on account` of Rs 40,000 crore for four months of FY15, ahead of Lok Sabha elections.
The `vote on account` did not prescribe any new tax or other measures.
This will be the first session of newly-appointed chief minister Anandi Patel following her predecessor Narendra Modi`s election as prime minister.
Modi had attended the Budget session as chief minister for the last 13 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price