Gujarat Assembly`s budget session starts from July 1
Gandhinagar: The Budget session of the Gujarat Legislative Assembly will commence from July 1.
"The session will be held during July 1 and July 30," said Secretary of Gujarat Assembly DM Patel.
Newly-appointed Finance Minister Saurabh Patel will place the annual budget for the financial year 2014-15 before the Assembly.
Earlier in February, the then Finance Minister Nitin Patel had presented a `vote on account` of Rs 40,000 crore for four months of FY15, ahead of Lok Sabha elections.
The `vote on account` did not prescribe any new tax or other measures.
This will be the first session of newly-appointed chief minister Anandi Patel following her predecessor Narendra Modi`s election as prime minister.
Modi had attended the Budget session as chief minister for the last 13 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections