Gujarat Assembly`s budget session starts from July 1
Gandhinagar: The Budget session of the Gujarat Legislative Assembly will commence from July 1.
"The session will be held during July 1 and July 30," said Secretary of Gujarat Assembly DM Patel.
Newly-appointed Finance Minister Saurabh Patel will place the annual budget for the financial year 2014-15 before the Assembly.
Earlier in February, the then Finance Minister Nitin Patel had presented a `vote on account` of Rs 40,000 crore for four months of FY15, ahead of Lok Sabha elections.
The `vote on account` did not prescribe any new tax or other measures.
This will be the first session of newly-appointed chief minister Anandi Patel following her predecessor Narendra Modi`s election as prime minister.
Modi had attended the Budget session as chief minister for the last 13 years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology