Gujarat ATS moves court for Jundal`s custody
The Gujarat Anti-Terrorist Squad moved a Delhi court for custody of 26/11 key handler Abu Jundal to ascertain his role in several terror cases of the state.
The judge slated the application for hearing on July 20, when Jundal`s custody with the Special Cell of Delhi Police expires and the pleas of other probe agencies for his custody are to come up for further consideration.
The other agencies, which have been vying for Jundal`s custody are Mumbai ATS, Mumbai Crine Branch, Pune ATS and the National Investigation Agency.
Jundal has been in the custody of the Special Cell since June 21 in the Jama Masjid attack case and yesterday, the CMM had extended his custody to the Delhi Police for another 15 days till July 20, saying that the agency was midway its investigation, which is expected to provide leads to other agencies as well.
The NIA has been seeking Jundal alias Syed Zabiuddin`s custody in an FIR registered on June 8 against him, LeT members Fayaz Kagzi and others for conspiring to execute terror strikes across the country and not limited to Delhi and Mumbai.
Pune ATS wants to interrogate Jundal of his role in the in Aurangabad arms haul, while the Mumbai Detection Crime Branch, CID says it needs to confront him with the lone surviving Mumbai terror convict Ajmal Kasab.
The Mumbai Crime Branch and ATS has also been seeking Jundal`s hand over in German Bakery Blast case and Nasik Police Academy attack case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!