Gujarat ATS quiz suspects for Mumbai blasts clues
Ahmedabad: Gujarat ATS is questioning
local suspects and informers in a bid to gather leads about
those behind the July 13 serial blasts in Mumbai.
"Questioning (of suspects and informers) has been on
since the blasts took place in Mumbai," a senior ATS official
said on Wednesday.
"We are also questioning some of Indian Mujahideen
members arrested in connection with the July 2008 serial
blasts in Ahmedabad," he said.
They include Danish Riyaz, of Ranchi, who was arrested
last month from Vadodara.
A Gujarat ATS team, along with a squad from the
Ahmedabad Crime Branch, had gone to Mumbai post the bombings,
and collected some clues from police there which are being
verified, the officer said.
There has also been sharing of information between the
Maharashtra and Gujarat ATS, he said.
Maharashtra ATS had yesterday said terrorists
responsible for the latest terror attack on India`s financial
capital could have strong links with Gujarat and Kolkata.
Meanwhile, senior police officers of Gujarat have been
conducting meetings after the Mumbai blasts and assessing
intelligence reports by the state and Central agencies,
sources close to the development said.
Gujarat has been on a high alert ever since the triple
blasts claimed 20 lives and injured nearly 130.
On July 26, 2008, a series of bomb blasts had rocked
Ahmedabad killing 57 people. A couple of days later over two
dozen bombs were recovered from Surat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win
- Tri-Nation series: Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel help West Indies topple South Africa
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave
- Navjot Singh Sidhu gets place in Punjab BJP core committee, Anil Joshi out
- She's just 8 months old but parents want mercy killing: Read her story