Gujarat BJP announces yatra to woo urban voters
Ahmedabad: Gujarat BJP has decided to take out `Sampark Yatra` in the urban areas of the state as part of its campaign in the run-up to the Assembly election.
"We will take out a sampark yatra as part of election campaign from August 25 to September 15. The yatra will cover areas falling under eight municipal corporations and 159 municipalities of the state," Gujarat BJP chief RC Faldu said.
"Different leaders and workers of the state unit of the BJP will lead the yatra in different cities and municipalities," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Dahi Handi events in Dadar, Thane flout Supreme Court rule; human pyramids go beyond 20 feet
- Sleep deprivation may lead to memory loss
- Why are people going so crazy over Reliance Jio test SIM
- Newborn with Zika virus found infected 2 months after birth
- Govinda ala re! Bollywood wishes Happy Janmashtami to all—See inside