Gujarat BJP hits out at Centre, CBI over Sohrabuddin case
Vadodara: Gujarat BJP leader and MP
Vijaykumar Rupani today alleged that the Congress-led UPA is
using CBI in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case to
destabilise the Narendra Modi Government in the state.
Talking to newspersons here, he said the BJP would not
allow the Centre to impose the President`s rule in the state
on some pretext or other.
The General Secretary of State BJP said the CBI is
giving all kinds of statements though the Supreme Court has
asked the Central agency to look only in the Sohrabuddin case,
in which over a dozen policemen, including IPS offices, have
CBI is trying to take over the functions of state
police in violation of federal structure and Constitution of
the country, Rupani stated.
The agency is only targeting Gujarat Police, though
the police of Rajasthan and Andhra Pradesh, both ruled by
Congress, are also linked to the case, he said.
The BJP leader said CBI is deviating from the apex
court`s directive while investigating the 2005 fake encounter
of Sheikh, an alleged gangster, near Ahmedabad.
Rupani said the BJP would soon launch a statewide
agitation to oppose the UPA Government`s "anti-farmers"
policies, especially the ban on export of cotton.
He said the party is gearing up for the civic body and
panchayat elections to be held in six months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!