Gujarat BJP hits out at Centre, CBI over Sohrabuddin case
Vadodara: Gujarat BJP leader and MP
Vijaykumar Rupani today alleged that the Congress-led UPA is
using CBI in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case to
destabilise the Narendra Modi Government in the state.
Talking to newspersons here, he said the BJP would not
allow the Centre to impose the President`s rule in the state
on some pretext or other.
The General Secretary of State BJP said the CBI is
giving all kinds of statements though the Supreme Court has
asked the Central agency to look only in the Sohrabuddin case,
in which over a dozen policemen, including IPS offices, have
CBI is trying to take over the functions of state
police in violation of federal structure and Constitution of
the country, Rupani stated.
The agency is only targeting Gujarat Police, though
the police of Rajasthan and Andhra Pradesh, both ruled by
Congress, are also linked to the case, he said.
The BJP leader said CBI is deviating from the apex
court`s directive while investigating the 2005 fake encounter
of Sheikh, an alleged gangster, near Ahmedabad.
Rupani said the BJP would soon launch a statewide
agitation to oppose the UPA Government`s "anti-farmers"
policies, especially the ban on export of cotton.
He said the party is gearing up for the civic body and
panchayat elections to be held in six months.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Day/Night Test: Cricketers mock DRS, Nigel Llong decision on Nathan Lyon howler