Gujarat BJP organises protests against Shinde`s remarks
Ahmedabad: State-wide protests were organised on Thursday by the Gujarat unit of BJP against Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s remarks that BJP and RSS were behind Hindu terror.
Demanding Shinde`s resignation over his remarks, BJP national vice-president Purshottam Rupala told reporters here that Shinde should apologise to the nation and resign for his comment.
"The public is angry with Shinde`s remarks. He has hurt the sentiments of the people. The BJP has organised protests across the state against his remarks," the Rajya Sabha member said.
Rupala said that if Shinde has evidence of involvement of the BJP or RSS, then he should make the evidence public.
"Who is stopping Shinde from taking action against those involved in terrorist activities? Whatever evidence Shinde has of terror camps being run either by BJP or RSS, should be made public and action should be taken against those involved in such activities. But saying that the BJP or RSS are conducting terror training camps is utterly wrong," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Bhagwant Mann must be refrained from entering into Parliament: JD(U)
- Pokemon GO launched in Japan, thousands start hunting and capturing monsters
- Oppressed Dalits will teach a lesson to BJP: Arvind Kejriwal in Gujarat
- Una incident: Dalit victim back in hospital ahead of Rahul Gandhi’s visit under 'political pressure'
- Chinese anti-graft protest leader arrested for taking bribes