Gujarat BJP organises protests against Shinde`s remarks
Ahmedabad: State-wide protests were organised on Thursday by the Gujarat unit of BJP against Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s remarks that BJP and RSS were behind Hindu terror.
Demanding Shinde`s resignation over his remarks, BJP national vice-president Purshottam Rupala told reporters here that Shinde should apologise to the nation and resign for his comment.
"The public is angry with Shinde`s remarks. He has hurt the sentiments of the people. The BJP has organised protests across the state against his remarks," the Rajya Sabha member said.
Rupala said that if Shinde has evidence of involvement of the BJP or RSS, then he should make the evidence public.
"Who is stopping Shinde from taking action against those involved in terrorist activities? Whatever evidence Shinde has of terror camps being run either by BJP or RSS, should be made public and action should be taken against those involved in such activities. But saying that the BJP or RSS are conducting terror training camps is utterly wrong," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state