Gujarat BJP organises protests against Shinde`s remarks
Ahmedabad: State-wide protests were organised on Thursday by the Gujarat unit of BJP against Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde`s remarks that BJP and RSS were behind Hindu terror.
Demanding Shinde`s resignation over his remarks, BJP national vice-president Purshottam Rupala told reporters here that Shinde should apologise to the nation and resign for his comment.
"The public is angry with Shinde`s remarks. He has hurt the sentiments of the people. The BJP has organised protests across the state against his remarks," the Rajya Sabha member said.
Rupala said that if Shinde has evidence of involvement of the BJP or RSS, then he should make the evidence public.
"Who is stopping Shinde from taking action against those involved in terrorist activities? Whatever evidence Shinde has of terror camps being run either by BJP or RSS, should be made public and action should be taken against those involved in such activities. But saying that the BJP or RSS are conducting terror training camps is utterly wrong," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj