Gujarat capital gets municipal corporation
Gandhinagar: The Gujarat government Tuesday announced the grant of municipal corporation status to the state capital Gandhinagar.
Urban Development Minister Nitin Patel announced the decision in the state assembly Tuesday, making the state capital the eighth municipal corporation in the state.
Ahmedabad, Surat, Vadodara, Rajkot, Jamnagar, Bhavnagar and Junagadh already enjoy this status in the state.
The announcement came on the last day of the expiry of the six-month deadline set by the high court for the formation of the municipal corporation after a local citizen`s body sought its intervention in the regard.
The state capital has been without a local self-government up to now with a notified authority headed by the district collector functioning directly under the aegis of the state government.
- Centre releases 25 more files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose
- Indian Premier League, Match 26: Delhi Daredevils vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Preview
- Banks to auction Kingfisher logo, ‘Fly with Good Times’ trademarks tomorrow
- Indian Premier League, Match 27: SunRisers Hyderabad vs Royal Challengers Bangalore - Preview
- NEET first phase will be held on May 1; Supreme Court declines Centre's plea, says let the exams go on