Gujarat: Child killer sentenced to death
Navsari: A district court on Saturday handed
down capital punishment to a man involved in kidnapping and
murder of a nine-year-old child in 2007.
Principal District Judge M H Shah, while pronouncing the
judgement, stated that it was a rarest of rare case as the
nine-year-old child was killed in cold blood for ransom.
Nayan, son of diamond worker Hasmukh Kachrola, was
kidnapped on January 4, 2007 by his neighbour Pervez Rana, who
demanded a ransom of Rs 50 lakh from his family.
The court observed that Rana had purchased a lock on
January 2, then bought a surgical tape and rope the next day
all with the intention of kidnapping the child.
The police, in its report, had stated that Nayan had died
due to breathlessness as his mouth was sealed with a surgical
tape and his body was thrown along a railway track, a lawyer
The court also observed that Rana killed the boy for not
getting the demanded ransom, which shows that it was a
"pre-meditated cold blooded murder".
Even after the child was dead, Rana kept on demanding the
ransom which exhibits the criminal intention, it observed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert