Gujarat CM Anandi Patel welcomes Rail Budget
Ahmedabad: Terming it as "development-oriented", Gujarat Chief Minister Anandi Patel on Tuesday welcomed the railway budget.
Thanking the Narendra Modi government for announcing bullet train on Mumbai-Ahmedabad Sector, Patel said that "with the advent of such projects, Railways will create a new image for itself at the world level."
Patel also welcomed the Sagarmala (Sea-Link) Project presented in the budget by Railway Minister D V Sadananda Gowda.
"The approach of providing railway connectivity to the ports under the Sagarmala Project will surely prove to be very beneficial for the business development through ports. The project will open new horizons of development for Gujarat`s ports having 1,600 km long coastline, Patel said.
On the introduction of Yatradham Tourist Circuit Train to the Gujarat in the budget, she said "it would facilitate the pilgrims and will also enhance pilgrimage tourism in the state."
However, opposition Cogress labelled the budget as "direction-less" and "copy cat" of the previous government. Congress also alleged injustice, stating that only five new trains were allotted to Gujarat in the budget.
"Gujarat is not given priority in the budget. Earlier, UPA government gave 10 trains in last ten years to Gujarat. In addition, there was no mention about the steps to be taken by the government to reduce tariffs in the entire budget," said Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) president Arjun Modhwadia through a press release.
He also alleged the Modi government copied bullet train project from UPA government.
"The bullet train project as well as modernisation of some railway stations of Gujarat were part of UPA government`s initiatives. This government just copied it. The previous government has already completed the survey, project report preparation and fund allocation for bullet train," claimed Modhwadia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar