Gujarat CM Anandi Patel welcomes Rail Budget
Ahmedabad: Terming it as "development-oriented", Gujarat Chief Minister Anandi Patel on Tuesday welcomed the railway budget.
Thanking the Narendra Modi government for announcing bullet train on Mumbai-Ahmedabad Sector, Patel said that "with the advent of such projects, Railways will create a new image for itself at the world level."
Patel also welcomed the Sagarmala (Sea-Link) Project presented in the budget by Railway Minister D V Sadananda Gowda.
"The approach of providing railway connectivity to the ports under the Sagarmala Project will surely prove to be very beneficial for the business development through ports. The project will open new horizons of development for Gujarat`s ports having 1,600 km long coastline, Patel said.
On the introduction of Yatradham Tourist Circuit Train to the Gujarat in the budget, she said "it would facilitate the pilgrims and will also enhance pilgrimage tourism in the state."
However, opposition Cogress labelled the budget as "direction-less" and "copy cat" of the previous government. Congress also alleged injustice, stating that only five new trains were allotted to Gujarat in the budget.
"Gujarat is not given priority in the budget. Earlier, UPA government gave 10 trains in last ten years to Gujarat. In addition, there was no mention about the steps to be taken by the government to reduce tariffs in the entire budget," said Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) president Arjun Modhwadia through a press release.
He also alleged the Modi government copied bullet train project from UPA government.
"The bullet train project as well as modernisation of some railway stations of Gujarat were part of UPA government`s initiatives. This government just copied it. The previous government has already completed the survey, project report preparation and fund allocation for bullet train," claimed Modhwadia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH