Gujarat CM Anandiben Patel sets targets for her government
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel has drawn up a 100-days agenda for her government which would focus on 11 key subjects.
"We have chalked out a detailed 100 days agenda for the government within which specific targets have to be achieved in 11 areas," Gujarat state government spokesperson and urban development minister Nitin Patel said here today.
"Though the work of the government is continuous, we have set pressing targets to give a momentum to the government and continue the development journey of the state during the first 100 days of this government," Patel said.
Subjects in the 100-days agenda include women`s empowerment, fight against malnutrition, a cleanliness drive and upgradation of revenue records.
"Specific targets have been given for each subject and the state administration has been asked to deliver on these targets," Patel said.
He accepted that these are routine issues, but claimed that aggressive targets have been set for the administration.
For example, he said that under the Mahatma Gandhi cleanliness drive, 2,500 villages would be given approvals to manage their solid and liquid wastes, more than 75,000 pieces of equipment worth Rs 100 crore would be distributed to 185 municipalities and construction of 50,000 personal toilets would be completed in rural areas.
Earlier in the day, Patel chaired a meeting with all government secretaries to finalise the 100-days agenda and also instructed officials to regularly follow up, in order to achieve targets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: All seats declared - BJP emerges as biggest gainer, bags 81 seats; Shiv Sena gets 84
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Twist in BMC poll results as BJP emerges as `largest party`
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway