Gujarat CM Anandiben Patel sets targets for her government
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Chief Minister Anandiben Patel has drawn up a 100-days agenda for her government which would focus on 11 key subjects.
"We have chalked out a detailed 100 days agenda for the government within which specific targets have to be achieved in 11 areas," Gujarat state government spokesperson and urban development minister Nitin Patel said here today.
"Though the work of the government is continuous, we have set pressing targets to give a momentum to the government and continue the development journey of the state during the first 100 days of this government," Patel said.
Subjects in the 100-days agenda include women`s empowerment, fight against malnutrition, a cleanliness drive and upgradation of revenue records.
"Specific targets have been given for each subject and the state administration has been asked to deliver on these targets," Patel said.
He accepted that these are routine issues, but claimed that aggressive targets have been set for the administration.
For example, he said that under the Mahatma Gandhi cleanliness drive, 2,500 villages would be given approvals to manage their solid and liquid wastes, more than 75,000 pieces of equipment worth Rs 100 crore would be distributed to 185 municipalities and construction of 50,000 personal toilets would be completed in rural areas.
Earlier in the day, Patel chaired a meeting with all government secretaries to finalise the 100-days agenda and also instructed officials to regularly follow up, in order to achieve targets.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says