Gujarat CM for engaging ex-policemen, citizens to manage traffic
Ahmedabad: Stressing the need for community policing in Gujarat, state Chief Minister Anandi Patel on Tuesday asked senior police officers to rope in retired police personnel and other citizens to manage vehicular traffic in cities.
Patel, who held a joint review meeting with all senior IPS officers, all district superintendents of police and district magistrates in Gandhinagar, also sought better coordination between police and the administration wing, an official release said.
Besides engaging retired police personnel, Patel also suggested that youths and senior citizens can be engaged to manage traffic in various cities.
Community policing is a strategy of policing that focuses on police building ties and working closely with members of the communities.
"The chief minister asked police to remain in touch with the Revenue Department for cases related to land fraud. Similarly, both police and Road and Building (R&B) department can work together to decrease accidents on state highways," the release said.
She directed police to be neutral and do their job without fear and also asked them to ensure that no innocent person is punished in the process of enforcement of law to catch criminals.
Patel also raised the issue of missing children, particularly young girls, and asked officers to be more sensitive in handling such cases, the release said.
Additional Director General of Police (ADGP), CID-Crime, Pramod Kumar gave a presentation about the law and order situation in the state.
The meeting was also attended by Chief Secretary Varesh Sinha, Additional Chief Secretary, Home, SK Nanda, DGP PC Thakur, minister of social justice and empowerment Raman Vora, law minister Pradipsinh Jadeja and others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble