Gujarat CM for engaging ex-policemen, citizens to manage traffic
Ahmedabad: Stressing the need for community policing in Gujarat, state Chief Minister Anandi Patel on Tuesday asked senior police officers to rope in retired police personnel and other citizens to manage vehicular traffic in cities.
Patel, who held a joint review meeting with all senior IPS officers, all district superintendents of police and district magistrates in Gandhinagar, also sought better coordination between police and the administration wing, an official release said.
Besides engaging retired police personnel, Patel also suggested that youths and senior citizens can be engaged to manage traffic in various cities.
Community policing is a strategy of policing that focuses on police building ties and working closely with members of the communities.
"The chief minister asked police to remain in touch with the Revenue Department for cases related to land fraud. Similarly, both police and Road and Building (R&B) department can work together to decrease accidents on state highways," the release said.
She directed police to be neutral and do their job without fear and also asked them to ensure that no innocent person is punished in the process of enforcement of law to catch criminals.
Patel also raised the issue of missing children, particularly young girls, and asked officers to be more sensitive in handling such cases, the release said.
Additional Director General of Police (ADGP), CID-Crime, Pramod Kumar gave a presentation about the law and order situation in the state.
The meeting was also attended by Chief Secretary Varesh Sinha, Additional Chief Secretary, Home, SK Nanda, DGP PC Thakur, minister of social justice and empowerment Raman Vora, law minister Pradipsinh Jadeja and others.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today
- Baaghi tweet review: First day first show!
- EPF interest rate: Nationwide protest by trade unions today
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput get holiday vibes! See inside