Gujarat CM `humiliating` Keshubhai: Congress
Vadodara: Leader of Opposition in Gujarat Assembly Shaktisinh Gohil on Sunday criticised Chief Minister Narendra Modi for creating a situation which had forced former chief minister Keshubhai Patel to consider quitting BJP.
Dissident BJP leader Keshubhai Patel is likely to form a new political front ahead of the Assembly polls slated for the year-end, as he has not renewed his party membership.
"83-year-old Keshubhai, who strengthened BJP in Gujarat, should not have been ill-treated and humiliated. Instead, Modi should have respected the senior leader, which is a part of Indian culture," Gohil said.
The Congress leader was speaking to reporters after addressing an annual general meeting at Petro Chemical Employees Union affiliated with INTUC here today.
"Modi also dictated terms to BJP leadership over the removal of Sanjay Joshi from the BJP national executive committee. He also got him removed from the post of party in-charge of Uttar Pradesh unit," Gohil alleged.
"If Modi treats his party workers in such humiliating manner, how can leaders and workers of other political parties expect good treatment or respect from Modi?" Gohil asked.
Gohil challenged Modi for an open debate over corruption charges leveled against him (Modi).
The Congress leader said that he could produce all the documents to support his claims.
Alleging that Modi was favouring some industrialists, Gohil said Congress would expose him before the Assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo