Gujarat CM `humiliating` Keshubhai: Congress
Vadodara: Leader of Opposition in Gujarat Assembly Shaktisinh Gohil on Sunday criticised Chief Minister Narendra Modi for creating a situation which had forced former chief minister Keshubhai Patel to consider quitting BJP.
Dissident BJP leader Keshubhai Patel is likely to form a new political front ahead of the Assembly polls slated for the year-end, as he has not renewed his party membership.
"83-year-old Keshubhai, who strengthened BJP in Gujarat, should not have been ill-treated and humiliated. Instead, Modi should have respected the senior leader, which is a part of Indian culture," Gohil said.
The Congress leader was speaking to reporters after addressing an annual general meeting at Petro Chemical Employees Union affiliated with INTUC here today.
"Modi also dictated terms to BJP leadership over the removal of Sanjay Joshi from the BJP national executive committee. He also got him removed from the post of party in-charge of Uttar Pradesh unit," Gohil alleged.
"If Modi treats his party workers in such humiliating manner, how can leaders and workers of other political parties expect good treatment or respect from Modi?" Gohil asked.
Gohil challenged Modi for an open debate over corruption charges leveled against him (Modi).
The Congress leader said that he could produce all the documents to support his claims.
Alleging that Modi was favouring some industrialists, Gohil said Congress would expose him before the Assembly polls.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands