Gujarat CM seeks help from holy men to save girl child
Gandhinagar: Gujarat Chief Minister Anandi Patel has sought co-operation from religious leaders in its movement to save the girl child and prevent female foeticide.
"I make a request to holy men to expedite the movement to save the girl child," she said, addressing a religious event in Junagadh district.
Patel also cited the Gujarat government`s success in the movement against female foeticide which resulted in moderating the state`s gender ratio.
"Gujarat government has been successful in eradicating female foeticide. So, today the state`s sex ratio is 904, while a few years ago, it was 804," she said.
The first woman Chief Minister of Gujarat has also stressed the need for equal rights to women.
"In this 21st century of science and technology, we must ensure that girls are given equal rights and education. We must make sure that girls will also be given an equal chance to participate in each and every sector," Patel said.
Gujarat health minister Nitin Patel, Rajkot MP Mohan Kundaria and BJP leader Parshottam Rupala attended the religious event along with religious leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali