Gujarat CM shoots from the hip: Manish Tewari
Chandigarh: Congress on Saturday accused Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi of shooting from the hip and asked him to come clean on alleged loss of revenue of Rs 1 lakh crore caused to the exchequer by "malpractices" of the state government.
"In June 2012, Congress MPs represented to the Central Vigilance Commissioner that there has been a revenue loss of Rs 1 lakh crore to the exchequer as a result of various instances of omission, commission and malpractices of Gujarat government.
"The Chief Minister of Gujarat shoots from the hip on every issue," Information and Broadcasting Minister, Manish Tewari said, adding if Modi has the "conviction or gumption", then "let him rebut the charges" on the revenue loss issue.
On Gujarat riots issue, he said that "in so far as the quest for justice for riot victims is concerned, that is a humanitarian issue. That is an issue which has been pursued very proactively...Who are committed to plurality of India.
Asked about the black money stashed abroad, Tewari said "I want to ask why we keep talking about such money only in foreign shores and hit it like a political football. We should also talk about black money in our own economy so that it is made transparent."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- End of an era! Verizon buys Yahoo for $4.8 billion
- Leader of Opposition in Goa Assembly, Pratapsinh Rane, death penalty for drug peddlers
- AAP to move Delhi High Court against arrests of MLAs in 'false cases'
- Varun Dhawan reacts to Salman Khan's acquittal
- Rio Olympics: Sushil Kumar backs 'younger brother' Narsingh Yadav, but hurt by being dragged in 'conspiracy' controversy