Gujarat: Cong walks out during Governor`s speech
Gandhinagar: The opposition Congress
today staged a walk-out during the Gujarat Governor Dr Kamla`s
customary address to the legislative Assembly on the first day
of the Budget session.
As soon as the Governor began her speech and completed
reading just a couple of lines, the Congress MLAs raised
slogans "Hisab Do, Jawab Do (give account and give answers)"
and "Kisan virodhi sarkar nahi chalegi (don`t want anti-farmer
government)" and walked out of the Assembly.
The Governor was not allowed to complete the customary
address following which the session was adjourned.
"The Governor`s speech had nothing but praise for
Chief Minister Narendra Modi. It represented no voice of the
people of Gujarat, hence we oppose it," Leader of Opposition
Shaktisinh Gohil told reporters out of Assembly.
Gohil alleged that the Comptroller and Auditor General
(CAG) of India has blamed Gujarat government for
mis-utilisation of fund of over Rs 26,000 crore.
"The Modi government should first give account of the
mis-utilisation and answer our questions," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!