Gujarat: Cong walks out during Governor`s speech
Gandhinagar: The opposition Congress
today staged a walk-out during the Gujarat Governor Dr Kamla`s
customary address to the legislative Assembly on the first day
of the Budget session.
As soon as the Governor began her speech and completed
reading just a couple of lines, the Congress MLAs raised
slogans "Hisab Do, Jawab Do (give account and give answers)"
and "Kisan virodhi sarkar nahi chalegi (don`t want anti-farmer
government)" and walked out of the Assembly.
The Governor was not allowed to complete the customary
address following which the session was adjourned.
"The Governor`s speech had nothing but praise for
Chief Minister Narendra Modi. It represented no voice of the
people of Gujarat, hence we oppose it," Leader of Opposition
Shaktisinh Gohil told reporters out of Assembly.
Gohil alleged that the Comptroller and Auditor General
(CAG) of India has blamed Gujarat government for
mis-utilisation of fund of over Rs 26,000 crore.
"The Modi government should first give account of the
mis-utilisation and answer our questions," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars