Gujarat Congress celebrates Sonia Gandhi`s 67th birthday
Vadodara: Congress workers distributed sarees to women belonging to weaker sections of society staying in the Jivaram Nagar slum area on Harni road on the outskirts of the city today to mark the 67th birthday of UPA Chairperson and Congress President Sonia Gandhi.
Talking to PTI after distributing sarees, Vadodara District Congress Committee president Vinubhai Patel said, "Distribution of sarees to more than 100 women and distribution of fruits to about 400 slum dwellers was part of celebrating Sonia Gandhi`s 67th birthday".
Former union minister of state for Railways Naranbhai Rathwa and deputy leader of the Congress in the Gujarat assembly Mohansinh Rathwa said that tribals in Vadodara and Chhota Udaipur also celebrated Sonia Gandhi`s birthday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars