Gujarat Congress comes out strongly against Modi`s diatribe
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress on Tuesday strongly responded to Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s attack on UPA government and the Prime Minister.
"Gujarat Chief Minister is always `vibrant` for his favored few big industrialists. However, when elections approach, he goes to the public and makes misleading and provocative speeches," Leader of Opposition in Gujarat Assembly Shaktisinh Gohil said.
"The CM has demanded a CBI probe into scandals reported in the CAG report. Now people of Gujarat want to know why he does not ask for a similar investigation into corruption in Gujarat, which amounts to Rs 16,706.99 crore in one year," Gohil said.
Modi had said earlier in the day that "I have faced multiple probes, now let the Prime Minister face an SIT probe on coal block allocations scam".
Gujarat Congress president Arjun Modhwadia also slammed Modi for remembering Swami Vivekanand only at the time of elections.
"In the past...To cash in on the name of Lord Ram, they took out `Ram Rath Yatra`, and the same way Modi has now embarked upon `Vivekanand Yuva Yatra`, he said.
"This CM has favored big industrial houses....In the Assembly elections, people of Gujarat will slap him with a major political blow," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister