Gujarat Congress comes out strongly against Modi`s diatribe
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Congress on Tuesday strongly responded to Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s attack on UPA government and the Prime Minister.
"Gujarat Chief Minister is always `vibrant` for his favored few big industrialists. However, when elections approach, he goes to the public and makes misleading and provocative speeches," Leader of Opposition in Gujarat Assembly Shaktisinh Gohil said.
"The CM has demanded a CBI probe into scandals reported in the CAG report. Now people of Gujarat want to know why he does not ask for a similar investigation into corruption in Gujarat, which amounts to Rs 16,706.99 crore in one year," Gohil said.
Modi had said earlier in the day that "I have faced multiple probes, now let the Prime Minister face an SIT probe on coal block allocations scam".
Gujarat Congress president Arjun Modhwadia also slammed Modi for remembering Swami Vivekanand only at the time of elections.
"In the past...To cash in on the name of Lord Ram, they took out `Ram Rath Yatra`, and the same way Modi has now embarked upon `Vivekanand Yuva Yatra`, he said.
"This CM has favored big industrial houses....In the Assembly elections, people of Gujarat will slap him with a major political blow," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!